Software Engineer Product, (Creator Monetization)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We are the teams who create all of Facebook's products used by 1.5 billion plus people around the world. Want to build new features and improve existing products like Messenger, Video, Groups, News Feed, Search and more? Want to solve unique, large scale, highly complex technical problems? Facebook is seeking experienced full-stack software engineers to join our product teams. You can help build the next-generation of products that help us connect the next billion people, create new features that have billions of interactions per day and be a part of a team that's working to help people connect with each other around the globe. Join us! This position is full-time and based in our Menlo Park, CA office. With the Creator Monetization efforts, we aim to develop a platform for creators where they can sustainably produce high-quality content and engage with the Facebook community. This includes enabling the ability to monetize with ads, enabling creators to product custom content for brands, and for users to support the creators they love through payments.
- Lead the definition and implementation of media processing pipeline
- Work closely with our PM and design teams to define feature specifications and build the next generation of monetization products
- Work closely with data science and user research to understand product performance and user feedback
- Navigate product challenges & ambiguity, understand tradeoffs and work with cross-functional team to drive resolution
- Mentor engineers on the team on technical and non-technical skillsets
- 5+ years of programming experience
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
- Experience building consumer-facing products through the lifecycle, including ideation, defining specs, identifying tradeoffs and understanding adoption/feedback
- Experience building monetization platforms, i.e. enable third-party creators/developers to build value for users on a platform
- Experience bootstrapping and building a multi-sided marketplace
- Experience working with video content, e.g. video understanding, video publishing tools and video viewer experiences
Back to top