Software Engineer, Portal Infrastructure
The Portal team is a new product engineering organization created to develop and ship platforms and products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. Our products define new categories and advance Facebook's mission of empowering people to build community.
The Portal Software Infrastructure team supports all software development for Portal, both Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and Facebook development based. As a Software Engineer in our team you will be at the heart of Portal's engineering process, building software that empowers engineering teams to develop and deliver high quality products quickly. We are focused on solving the hardest, most interesting challenges of developing software at scale without sacrificing stability, quality, velocity or code health.
We ensure success by partnering with engineering teams and developing scalable tools and infrastructure that help engineers develop, test, debug, release and operate software products quickly. increasing the pace of product development and ensuring our products are thoroughly tested. We are champions for code health, testability, maintainability and best practices for development and testing.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER, PORTAL INFRASTRUCTURE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity
- Design and build advanced automated build, test, release and operations infrastructure
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for testability
- Develop and support processes to maintain uptime, SLAs and availability of critical platform components
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Experience in at least one of the following: test automation, refactoring code, test-driven development, build infrastructure, optimizing software, debugging, building tools and testing frameworks
- Scripting skills in Python, Perl, Shell or another common language
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL
- Experience working with Consumer Electronic devices
- Experience with Android Open Source Project (AOSP) product development
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top