Software Engineer - Platform Security Engineer
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Are you excited to be part of the VR revolution and work on cutting edge consumer devices and services? Are you passionate about security and have a proven security track record? The Security Software Engineer will work on the Oculus Security Engineering team designing, building, and supporting the infrastructure and services that allow Oculus to move fast, securely and at scale. The ideal candidate will share our passion for engineering solutions to complex security problems, while minimizing employee friction and maximizing productivity.
- Design and implement systems that enhance the security of Oculus products and infrastructure
- Design and implement abuse detection systems
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Evaluate engineering responses to security threats and implement mitigations
- Provide security guidance to new projects and initiatives
- Code in PHP, C/C++, Java, and Python
- 3+ years of software development experience
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience applying fundamental security concepts to systems
- Experience with either device security concepts or cloud security concepts
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of industry experience developing and implementing security features and solutions
- Experience advocating for technical security solutions across functional domains
- Experience designing and deploying public key infrastructure, authorization systems, or key management systems
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top