Software Engineer - Perceptual Science
Come invent the future. At Facebook Reality Labs (FRL), software development is vital to turbocharging our scientific explorations and generating viable paths to the consumer products people will use for decades to come - products that will literally give people super powers. If you're a C/C++ expert with deep knowledge of real-time systems, a love for solving novel problems from first principles, and an aptitude for graphics or computer vision, you'll thrive in our collaborative environment. Join the world-class Applied Perception Science (APS) research team, whose work informs AR/VR systems by learning about the limits of human perceptual performance. APS conducts research to help define the requirements of future AR and VR devices. Partner with expert research scientists, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, and other brilliant software minds to build cutting-edge prototypes, as we make science fiction real and change the world.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER - PERCEPTUAL SCIENCE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze, evaluate, design, develop, integrate, debug and test real-time AR and VR software for advanced display prototypes and user experiences
- Collaborate in a team environment across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines, making the architectural tradeoffs required to rapidly deliver software solutions
- Develop software for a variety of experimental and consumer devices, including novel sensing systems, tracking and imaging systems
- Write clean readable code, debug complex problems that span systems, prioritize ruthlessly and get things done with a high level of efficiency
- Learn constantly, educate others, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of AR/VR problem solving
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Math, Physics or related field
- 5+ years C/C++ experience, including C++11 (and up) features and principles
- 5+ years experience creating, extending, integrating and maintaining real-time 3D engine systems such as graphics rendering, audio, physics, networking or animation pipelines
- 2+ years of experience with applied linear algebra and 3D geometry
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of computer architecture, including CPU data caching, SIMD instruction sets, and compiler code generation
- Experience shipping one or more products using standard software development toolsets such as source control and continuous integration systems
- Experience in 3D graphics libraries such as DirectX, OpenGL, or Vulkan
- Machine learning or deep learning experience, including experience with ML libraries such as PyTorch, TensorFlow or cuDNN experience
- Experience in game engines such as Unreal or Unity
- Optical science experience
- Perceptual or cognitive science experience
- AR/VR application development experience
- FPGA development experience
- MATLAB experience
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- AR/VR Product Designer - Facebook Reality Labs
- Electrical Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Process Engineer
- Research Intern - Ultrasound (PhD)
- Research Scientist, Machine Perception and Learning (PhD)
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top