Software Engineer, Oculus Venues
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's Social VR team is exploring the potential of virtual and augmented reality to bring people together in new ways. We are designing technologies that help people to create, share meaningful moments, and build communities using the unique qualities of these immersive new mediums. We aim to develop experiences that put people first, defining a future where virtual reality enables us to connect with the people and content we care about like never before.
As a software engineer working on VR at Facebook, you'll be building experiences that help people defy distance to connect with each other in VR wherever they are in the world. You'll be working with the team that built Oculus Venues to build new immersive 3D interaction, communication and collaboration technologies and applications which will make VR an essential and ubiquitous technology. We're looking for talented engineers passionate about product and working on cutting edge technologies.
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:
Posted: Thursday 21st , June 2018
Closing date: Thursday 19th, July 2018
This position is full-time and based in London.
- Help deliver exceptional virtual reality experiences
- Improve code quality and stability
- Optimise experiences to run on a wide range of devices
- Own major areas of the codebase
- Work with 3rd party content providers and internal operations teams to deliver epic social experiences in VR
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar field
- Experience with native Android C++ or React development
- Experience with interactive 3D graphics development
- Experience with real-time networked application development
- Experience programming on low-level systems
- Experience with CPU and GPU optimisation
- Experience with Android C++ and React development
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top