Software Engineer, Oculus Social Platform
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems and is reshaping how people experience entertainment, explore the universe and socialize with others. Come work alongside experts in software, hardware and research to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal.
The Oculus Social Platform team builds the key pieces that allow developers to focus on creating rich experiences and allows end users to move seamlessly between those experiences. We are looking for a talented Software Engineer who can play a key role in development of these experiences. The role involves working across a wide range of technology, from low-level, C++ programming on PC and Android through a large-scale server infrastructure.
- Work with a great software team to deliver a world-class software platform
- Architect and create innovative features in Social Platform
- Play major role in architecting and delivering the infrastructure for the platform services used by all Oculus applications
- Guide improvements to code quality and stability
- Optimize the experience across for Oculus Social Platform
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 5+ years software development experience.
- 3+ years experience architecting, developing and launching software products and/or services.
- Experience with system programming (PC or Android, C++) or server programming.
- Experience designing software systems and services.
- Experience building a large-scale online service.
- Experience with code optimization and performance tuning.
Back to top