Software Engineer (Oculus)
The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. VR's potential to change the world is immense - and we're just getting started.
Our Zurich Core Tech team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future Oculus products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, Core Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up.
Our team applies a range of software, computer vision and machine learning techniques to build products that enable new ways for people to connect and share experiences. We're addressing a variety of technical challenges in the areas of real-time image processing, 3D graphics, SLAM and scene reconstruction, machine perception, visualization and human interaction. We're looking for candidates with deep C++ and Python knowledge and experience in building performant software for innovative hardware devices while collaborating with experts across multiple domains.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (OCULUS) RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design core components up and down the software stack, developing primarily in C++ and Python.
- Build tools and infrastructure to enable product advancements and efficiency-gains across both software and hardware.
- Collaborate with cross-functional hardware and software teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa.
- Evaluate, analyze and optimize system resources related to image processing, computer vision and machine learning.
- Develop solutions for real world problems and integrate solutions into products.
- Conduct design and code reviews.
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Robotics or related technical field.
- 2+ years of experience developing software in C++ or Python for high performance and/or real-time systems.
- Experience working with one or more from the following:
- Depth sensor technology, computer vision, machine learning, imaging/camera systems and/or consumer mobile products
- Embedded systems, firmware, drivers, OS/kernel development
- CPU/GPU programming and optimization
- 3D graphics, rendering, geometry, and/or visualization
- Machine learning pipelines for detection or classification from images or videos
- Cloud computing and data analysis.
- Applications and resumes to be submitted in English.
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Robotics or related technical field.
- Experience working on VR/AR/MR.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top