Software Engineer (Oculus)
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense—and we're just getting started. Oculus Research is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body.
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
As a Software Engineer on the Oculus PC Product Team, you will be working on creating a great core software experience for Oculus PC users. The experiences you create across the Oculus app - including the new user experience, the store, the library, social elements, and more - will ensure people setting up a Rift for the first time or coming back for the 100th time are engaged and eager to return to the Oculus Platform.
- Create consumer products and features using internal programming language Hack
- Work closely with our PM and design teams to define feature specifications and build the next generation of products leveraging frameworks
- Work closely with operations and infrastructure to build and scale back-end services
- Build report interfaces and data feeds
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of programming experience
- 3+ years of experience with relational database
- Experience with PHP and C++
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top