Software Engineer, Network UI
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is actively seeking Front End or Full Stack Software Engineers enthusiastic about Network UI to help build and scale our rapidly evolving network infrastructure. As a member of this small and growing team, you will be in charge of designing and implementing how we build, model, analyze and monitor Facebook's current and next generation networks. There is a wide range of areas to work on, spanning next-gen datacenter networking architecture (e.g., OpenFlow or similar technologies for software defined networking), software systems to configure, monitor, analyze, model, and manage our datacenter, backbone, and content delivery networks. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park, CA office.
- Create front-end UI for various network related tools at Facebook
- Work with backend datasets and collect additional data if necessary
- Integrate with other systems, evaluate third party solutions
- Collaborate with Network Engineering team to automate various processes, build software infrastructure for network monitoring and analysis, aid in capacity planning and architecture change analysis.
- 2+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Knowledgeable with debugging and profiling web apps in the browser
- Knowledgeable with MySQL databases
- High aptitude and technology-agnostic approach to engineering.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with one or more of the major front-end frameworks: React, Angular, Vue, Ember, etc.
- Experience with network devices (routers, switches, load balancers) and an understanding of network routing protocols
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top