Software Engineer, Network Connectivity
(Menlo Park, CA - Seattle, WA - Boston, MA - Woodland Hills, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Software Engineer with expertise in wireless or data center networking to join the Infrastructure Connectivity Programs team. The Infra Connectivity team builds the bleeding edge technology that will allow Facebook to connect our next billion users. Our projects are aimed at delivering connectivity to people without access to the internet and increasing connectivity for people with access to existing, but inadequate network infrastructures. We are taking both practical and ambitious approaches to large scale problems and are looking for candidates who share a passion for tackling complexity and building communication software that will impact the way communities connect and share information. To make this a reality, we need to scale our infrastructure and ensure that it operates efficiently and the Software Engineer in Network Connectivity will play a critical role in implementing scalable network protocols and software to achieve that goal across varying applications spanning wireless, optical, and wired connections. This position is full-time and is based in our offices in Menlo Park, CA; Woodland Hills, CA; Seattle, WA; or Boston, MA
- Develop software to build and scale Facebook's connectivity infrastructure
- Work with networking devices and protocols
- Integrate with other systems, evaluate third party solutions
- Collaborate with the wider Infrastructure team to automate various processes, build software infrastructure for network monitoring and analysis, aid in capacity planning and architecture change analysis.
- Experience with network devices (routers, switches, load balancers) and an understanding of network routing protocols
- Web traffic experience related to data centers and websites
- Experience with design and implementation of network management systems
- 2+ years of experience in C / C++ and Python
- 2+ years experience in Systems programming, TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, SPDY, DNS, and load balancers
- Knowledgeable with MySQL databases
- Understanding of the Linux operating system
- Ability to debug issues within custom code
- High aptitude and technology-agnostic approach to engineering.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top