Software Engineer, Monetization (Full Stack)
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas - making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
- Build business.whatsapp.com (http://business.whatsapp.com/) from ground up using React, Redux and HTML/CSS that will be entry point for any Business globally to onboard onto the WhatsApp platform
- Build database schema and RESTful API in PHP to power the frontend product
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from PMs, designers, businesses in emerging markets and other engineers
- Building products that can be used globally with a strong focus on quality and attention to detail
- Experience creating interfaces using React, Redux and HTML/CSS
- Experience designing backend API using PHP, Python or similar
- Knowledge in design patterns used for software applications
- Understanding of the web technology stack (HTTP, WebSockets, cookies, asset loading/caching)
- Experience with React, Angular, Webpack
- Experience building REST APIs in PHP or similar languages
- Knowledge with data-informed product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
Back to top