Software Engineer, Mobile iOS
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Every month, more than 1.57 billion people around the world access Facebook through their mobile devices. As a leader in the mobile space, we constantly push the boundaries of what is possible in this fast-paced industry that is evolving daily. Facebook is seeking full-time iOS Engineers to join teams across the engineering organization to help take our iOS products to the next level. As an iOS Software Engineer, you will specialize in building elegant products on world-class technologies that bring the Facebook experience to hundreds of millions of people – anytime and anywhere.
We are looking for self-starting engineers with strong experience developing sophisticated applications on the iPhone or iPad using the iOS SDK. If you are interested in joining a team of passionate, extremely talented industry veterans in the mobile space, who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the Facebook experience for the iOS platform
- Implement custom native user interfaces using the latest iOS programming techniques
- Build reusable iOS software components for interfacing with the Facebook platform
- Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of object-oriented software development experience
- 2+ years building complex applications for the iPhone or iPad using Objective-C/C++ with Cocoa and other frameworks
- 2+ years mobile application development at the user interface and system levels
- Ability to understand and debug large and complex code bases
- Experience designing clean and maintainable APIs
- Experience with multithreading programming
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Knowledge of iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top