Software Engineer, Mobile iOS
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
As a leader in an exciting, fast-paced and evolving industry, Facebook Mobile is constantly pushing the boundaries of our mobile experience. There are multiple awesome teams building for iOS at Facebook. Once you join the company, you are exposed to multiple teams and projects during engineering bootcamp, and can choose what you want to work on ‐ just find the team or product that speaks to you. Whichever team you join, you’re sure to have a start‐up like experience within a financially stable company.Our iOS specialists work beyond the iOS SDK and between platforms to solve problems for one of the most complex and widely used iOS apps in the world. We offer a high impact career opportunity where you will specialize in building elegant products on world‐class technologies that bring the Facebook experience to hundreds of millions of people – anytime and anywhere.We seek engineers with strong experience developing user interfaces for applications on the iPhone or iPad using the iOS SDK. Having a complete and thorough understanding of the following is important: Objective C, NSFoundation, commonly used data structures, algorithms and algorithm techniques, C/C++ concepts, and memory management (including ARC).
If you are interested in joining a world‐class team of passionate people and iOS rock stars who like to work hard and play hard, please send us your resume. Your resume should include any iOS applications that you have launched in the app store. Listing your contributions to open source or side projects is an added plus.
- Work closely with our product and design teams to build the ultimate Facebook experience on iOS
- Implement new,custom user interfaces using the latest iOS programming techniques for efficiency and performance
- Prototype new and redesigned features
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, self-directed environment.
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
- Solid experience developing complex mobile applications for the iPhone or iPad.
- Minimum of two years experience building iOS applications in Objective-‐-‐-‐C/C++ using Cocoa and other frameworks
- Experience building software that integrates with the web 3+ years of object-‐oriented software development experience
- Experience in understanding large and complex code bases, including API design techniques to help keep them clean and maintainable
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top