Software Engineer, Mobile, iOS Camera
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Mobile cameras have become a creative canvas through which we share our life in unique and creative ways. We are seeking full-time iOS Engineers to join the Camera team. As a Facebook Camera Software Engineer, you will specialize in building performant camera frameworks that power the most popular camera products in the world.We are looking for someone that has strong passion for developing iOS frameworks, and has experience with camera APIs, media processing and graphics. You will get an opportunity to ship code across multiple apps and products, bringing world-class technologies to hundreds of millions of people.
- Build client side mobile infrastructure for camera products in iOS
- Architect efficient and modular abstractions that drive cutting-edge camera features
- Debug camera issues across Objective-C and C++
- Improve camera performance and efficiency across all camera products
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or 4+ years in software development experience
- 3+ years building iOS applications
- 2+ years building iOS frameworks in Objective-C or C++
- Experience in understanding large code bases, including API design techniques to help keep them clean and maintainable
- Experience in the following technologies:
- Experience with C++
- Experience with AVFoundation and media processing
- Experience with multi-threading and memory management specific to mobile devices
- Familiarity with the following technologies:
- Familiarity with OpenGL ES
- Familiarity with computer vision algorithms
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top