Software Engineer, Mobile, Android UI
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Every month, more than 1.57 billion people access Facebook using mobile devices from across the world. The Facebook Mobile team constantly pushes the boundaries of the Facebook Mobile experience, as a leader in an exciting and fast-paced industry that is evolving daily. We are seeking full-time Android Engineers to join the Mobile team. As a Facebook Mobile Software Engineer, you will specialize in building elegant products on world-class technologies that bring the Facebook experience to billions of people, anytime and anywhere.
We are looking for someone that has strong experience developing user interfaces for applications on Android using Android SDK. If you are interested in joining a world-class team of passionate people and industry veterans who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
- Collaborate with Product Designers and Product Managers to deliver compelling consumer-facing products on the Android Platform.
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end abstractions that drive complex Android UI's.
- Engage with designers in discussions about product and interaction design
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or 1+ years in relevant work experience
- 1+ years of object-oriented software development experience
- 1+ years of experience in building Android applications in Java
- 1+ years mobile application development experience (Android, J2ME or Blackberry)
- Experience in understanding large code bases, including API design techniques to help keep them maintainable.
- Experience partnering with designers to implement designs.
- Familiarity with Android UI design principles and accessibility best practices
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top