Software Engineer, Mobile, Android NDK
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Every month, more than 1.57 billion people access Facebook using mobile devices from across the world. As our mobile user base grows we’re looking at ways to scale our engineering teams to continue delivering new and innovative products while still moving fast. We’re looking for mobile system engineers who are passionate about working on client infrastructure that powers all of the products we build across Android and iOS. You will get an opportunity to influence the way we build mobile apps at Facebook. In this role you will build core Android infrastructure in C++, build awesome new tools that will lead to better efficiency and work on complex system investigations throughout our mobile stack.
- Build client side mobile infrastructure in C++
- Debug app wide issues across Java and C++
- Improve app wide performance and efficiency
- Develop tools for debugging, instrumenting and shipping native code on Android
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or 4+ years in software development experience
- 2+ years of object-oriented software development experience
- 2+ years building infrastructure in C++ using the Android NDK
- 2+ years mobile application development experience (Android or iOS)
- Experience in understanding code bases, including API design techniques
- Experience in the following technologies:
- Experience with C++ language and related frameworks
- Experience with Multi-Threading and memory management specific to mobile devices
- Experience debugging system issues across languages
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top