Software Engineer, Mobile Android, Companion App (Oculus)
The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. VR's potential to change the world is immense-and we're just getting started.
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
- Work closely with our product and design teams to build new features for the Oculus app
- Implement native modules and components for Android to enable new features and use cases for standalone VR headsets
- Analyze and optimize UI and backend application code for efficiency and performance
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience building applications for Android phones
- Experience with code bases, including API design techniques
- Experience with multithreading programming
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Experience with React (React.JS or React Native)
- Experience with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top