Software Engineer, Messenger
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking Machine Learning Engineers to join our Messenger engineering team. Facebook Messenger is one of the most popular products in the world for people to connect and interact. It is used by over 1billion people monthly for photo, video messages, audio, video calls, game play, connecting with businesses, interacting with a thriving eco system of third party digital bots, hosting and participating in rooms and groups, and much more. The Messenger team also works on Real Time Communications, providing real time connections between people and allowing people to interact with audio calls, video calls as individuals or in groups. The ideal candidate will have industry experience working on ranking, recommendation systems, computer vision, skeletal tracking, video compositing, computational photography, auto speech recognition, text to speech, natural language processing and potential integration with SiriKit, Google Speech and Alexa Skills.
- Develop highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, data regression, and rules based models
- Suggest, collect and synthesize requirements and create effective feature roadmap
- Code deliverables in tandem with the engineering team
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU)
- MS degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, data mining or artificial intelligence
- Proven ability to translate insights into business recommendations
- Experience with Hadoop/HBase/Pig or MapReduce/Sawzall/Bigtable
- Knowledge developing and debugging in C/C++ and Java
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, and shell scripts
- Experience with filesystems, server architectures, and distributed systems
Back to top