Software Engineer, Machine Learning (WhatsApp)
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1.5 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas - making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
Join a world-class engineering-driven company, where you'll have instant impact from day one. WhatsApp has an open culture and flat organization. As a member of our engineering team you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base. If you love writing code, hate tons of meetings, then come talk to us.
WhatsApp Integrity team is seeking Machine Learning Engineers to join our small team. The ideal candidate will have industry experience applying machine learning techniques in a range of classification and optimization problems. The position involves taking these skills and applying them to prevent abuse on WhatsApp.
- Develop highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, data regression, and rules based models
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to new problem domains to prevent abuse on WhatsApp
- Write clean, awesome and bug free code using Erlang, Haskell, PHP, C++
- Work with multi-node cluster handling live traffic
- Develop system monitoring and instrumentation tools
- Experience using and training Machine Learning models
- 2 + years experience in either Erlang, Haskell, C++ or Python Programming
- Experience building and scaling distributed, available systems
- Knowledge of Unix internals (especially FreeBSD and Linux)
- Experience working in a team
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Back to top