Software Engineer, Machine Learning
- Tel Aviv, Israel
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking Lead/Senior machine learning engineers to join our engineering team. The ideal person will have industry experience working on a range of classification and optimisation problems, e.g. payment fraud, click-through rate prediction, recommendation systems, click-fraud detection, search ranking, text/sentiment classification or spam detection. The position will involve taking these skills and applying them to some of the most exciting and massive social data and prediction problems that exist on the web. You will bring the ability to own the whole ML life cycle, define projects and drive excellence across teams.
- Consistently advance the state of ML for your problem, including setting and executing against roadmaps for 6-month+ timeframes.
- Define projects for other engineers to possibly solve and achieve impact based on your direction.
- Own the full ML life cycle (https://research.fb.com/the-facebook-field-guide-to-machine-learning-video-series/) for a significant new ML product, including production quality.
- You are strong advocate for ML excellence
- Code deliverables in tandem with the engineering team
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, data mining or artificial intelligence
- Proven ability to translate insights into business recommendations
- Experience with Hadoop/HBase/Pig or MapReduce/Sawzall/Bigtable/Hive/Spark
- Expert knowledge developing production level ML products
- Expert with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, PHP, and/or shell scripts
- Experience developing and debugging in Java, C++ or similar
- Experience of demonstrating technical leadership working with teams, owning projects, defining and setting technical direction for projects.
- MS degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field with 5+ years of machine learning related work or research, or PhD degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
Back to top