Software Engineer, Linux Userspace
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join the Linux Userspace team to help to improve Linux. The engineer may work on Facebook's container runtime, systemd, or other Linux Userspace components to help make Linux awesome for Facebook and for the broader community. This involves deep knowledge of the Linux stack ranging from kernel interfaces and behaviors to Operating System construction and distribution.
- Design and build tools and systems for data infrastructure efficiency.
- Engage with relevant Open Source communities through contributions, correspondence, and occasional conferences.
- Code using primarily C++, C, and Python.
- Provide excellent support to internal users of these systems.
- Demonstrate a passion for operational excellence and responsibility.
- Conduct design and code reviews.
- 6+ years software engineering experience, coded in C/C++.
- 2+ years experience working with open source projects.
- 2+ years experience with Linux.
- Experience with systems and other modern Linux components.
- Open Source contributions to significant Linux ecosystem projects.
- Some kernel experience.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top