Software Engineer Lead, Dash (Oculus)
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual realityâ€™s potential to connect the world is immenseâ€"and weâ€™re just getting started. Oculus Research is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body.
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
As a Software Engineer Lead for Oculus Dash, you'll work with our team of engineers and designers to help us build the engine that drives the future of VR OS interactions. The ideal candidate has broad experience with graphics programming techniques and optimization, especially with in-house AAA engine development.
- Work with product, design, and engineering teams to identify and design the software architecture for implementing new solutions and features in the Dash product.
- Coordinate and collaborate smoothly across multiple internal and external cross-disciplinary teams.
- Determine testing requirements and strategies, automate testing using a variety of tools.
- Create innovative VR features in Oculus Dash and beyond.
- Own major areas of the codebase.
- Write high-quality, performant, and maintainable code.
- Document and support features.
- Mentor other members of the team.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience on shipped consumer-facing products for console or mobile platforms.
- 3+ years experience with C/C++ programming.
- Game engine architecture experience
- Experience with 3D
- Experience with React or React Native
Back to top