Software Engineer, iOS (WhatsApp)
(Menlo Park, CA)
WhatsApp is the world’s fastest growing communication company with over 1 billion active users globally. We help bring friends, families, communities, soccer groups, doctors, storm chasers, and million others closer. We are just getting started. We are looking for the best individuals to grow and support this incredible community of users. WhatsApp has been ranked as one of the Top 25 Most downloaded apps in over 100 countries on the App Store and has received over 1 Billion installs on Google Play.
Join a world-class engineering-driven company, where you’ll have instant impact from day one. WhatsApp has an open culture and flat organization. Every engineer is literally sitting a few steps away from the founders. As a member of our engineering team you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base. If you love writing code, hate tons of meetings, then come talk to us.
- Own the entire lifecycle of our next big feature, from design through implementation to launch
- Build on top of the latest iOS technologies and frameworks to create awesome new features for millions of users
- Analyze and optimize UI and backend application code for efficiency and performance
- Work closely with customer support to fix bugs and improve the user experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years building complex applications for the iPhone using Objective-C/Swift with Apple iOS frameworks
- Ability to work independently and implement product features from start to finish
- Experience with multi-threaded programming using Grand Central Dispatch
- Experience in these frameworks: UIKit, Core Data, Core Animation, AV Foundation
- Working experience with TCP/IP sockets, networking and messaging protocols
- Knowledge of iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top