Software Engineer, iOS
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Every month, more than 1.5 billion people around the world access Facebook through their mobile devices. As a leader in the mobile space, we constantly push the boundaries of what is possible in this fast-paced industry that is evolving daily. Facebook is seeking full-time iOS Engineers to join teams across the engineering organisation to help take our iOS products to the next level. As an iOS Software Engineer, you will specialise in building elegant products on world-class technologies that bring the Facebook experience to hundreds of millions of people - anytime and anywhere.
We're looking for self-starting engineers with strong experience developing sophisticated applications on the iPhone or iPad using the iOS SDK. If you're interested in joining a team of passionate, extremely talented industry veterans in the mobile space, who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customise the Facebook experience for the iOS platform
- Implement custom native user interfaces using the latest iOS programming techniques
- Build reusable iOS software components for interfacing with the Facebook platform
- Analyse and optimise UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented software development
- Experience building complex applications for the iPhone or iPad using Objective-C / C++ with Cocoa and other frameworks
- Mobile application development at the user interface and system levels
- Ability to understand and debug large and complex code bases
- Experience designing clean and maintainable APIs
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Knowledge of iOS SDK performance tools and optimisation techniques
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent industry experience)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top