Software Engineer, Internal Infrastructure (WhatsApp)
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1.5 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas - making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
Join a world-class engineering-driven company, where you'll have instant impact from day one. WhatsApp has an open culture and flat organization. As a member of our engineering team, you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base. If you love writing code, hate tons of meetings, then come talk to us.
- Own the entire development process: design, implementation, launch, and iteration
- Know when to use Facebook infrastructure, open source, or build it
- Work closely with other engineers and cross-functional teams: customer operations, localization, legal, marketing
- Deep care for quality, performance, customer satisfaction
- Self-starter, capable of working as part of a global, cross-functional team
- Experience with HTML/JS, React, Python, MySQL
- Engineering and systems knowledge
- Knowledge of the full web technology stack and concepts: distributed systems, caching, asynchronous programming, SQL vs. NoSQL, multi-node/stateless services
- Experience with OOP and functional programming techniques
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- 2+ years of experience in Software Development
Back to top