Software Engineer, Integrity and Anti-Abuse (WhatsApp)
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1.5 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas - making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
Join a world-class engineering-driven company, where you'll have instant impact from day one. WhatsApp has an open culture and flat organization. As a member of our engineering team you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base. If you love writing code, hate tons of meetings, then come talk to us.
The ideal candidate will have industry experience working and building scalable detection systems on a range of problems that keep spam, fraud, deception, and abuse at bay, and are resistant to adversarial iterations. WhatsApp integrity faces unique problem of fitting abuse without having content. If you want to learn more about our team, you can see the video of a talk describing our main concepts: https://developers.facebook.com/videos/f8-2017/how-whatsapp-reduced-spam-for-over-1-billion-people/
- Develop situational awareness in a highly adversarial environment and keep WhatsApp anti-abuse capabilities ahead of our attacker
- Write clean, awesome and bug free code using Erlang, Haskell, PHP to build abuse detection systems
- Scale servers to handle millions of users
- Develop system monitoring and instrumentation tools
- Building ML models for abuse detection
- Experience building abuse detection systems
- 1+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: abuse, spam or fraud detection, trust & safety
- 2 + years experience in either Erlang, Haskell, PHP, C++
- Knowledge of Unix internals
- Experience working in a team
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top