Software Engineer, Integrity and Anti-Abuse
Facebook is seeking Software Engineers experienced in abuse detection to help keep our two billion users safe from negative experiences in a highly adversarial environment. The ideal candidate will have industry experience working and building scalable detection systems on a range of problems that keep spam, fraud, deception, and abuse at bay, and are resistant to adversarial iterations. As a successful candidate, you will bring your passion and experience to designing novel anti-abuse measures and deploying them across Facebook's products. We are looking for someone who loves reimagining what's possible when it comes to detecting and disrupting attackers, and building software to realize those ideas to make the internet a safer place for all. This position is full-time and based in our Menlo Park, CA office.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER, INTEGRITY AND ANTI-ABUSE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop situational awareness in a highly adversarial environment and keep Facebook's anti-abuse capabilities ahead of our attackers.
- Build highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning and rule-based models.
- Analyze the latest attacker techniques and apply solutions to detect them holistically and stop them proactively.
- Take a leadership role in driving anti-abuse initiatives across the company.
- Collaborate with Facebook's leading Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence teams and apply their innovations to fighting abuse.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of engineering experience in one or more of the following areas: abuse, spam or fraud detection, trust & safety
- Proven ability to perform rigorous data analysis and translate the results into business recommendations.
- Experience with programming and/or scripting languages such Java, C++, Perl, Python, PHP.
- Contributions to the security community (open source, public research, blogging, presentations, etc.).
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field.
- Experience working with large datasets, using tools such as Hadoop/Hive/HBase/Pig or MapReduce/Sawzall/Bigtable.
- Experience with anomaly detection, machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, data mining, content understanding, or artificial intelligence.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Manager, Software Engineering, AR/VR - Portal Kernel and Connectivity
Menlo Park, CA
- Research Intern, AI System Code Design
Menlo Park, CA + 2 More
- Research Intern, Calibra
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Research Scientist, Systems and Infrastructure (PhD)
Menlo Park, CA + 4 More
- Software Engineer, Compiler
Menlo Park, CA
- Visualization Engineer
Menlo Park, CA
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top