Software Engineer, Infrastructure
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our Infrastructure Engineering team building large distributed components that run Facebook. Our code serves millions of requests per second and it does so with sub-second latency and in a fault tolerant manner. We handle everything from Facebook scale data storage, to synchronisation and coordination of large server clusters, to providing a runtime environment for front end Facebook code. We're looking for candidates who share a passion for tackling complexity and building platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude. This position is full-time and is based in our London engineering office.
- Design core, backend software components
- Code using primarily C/C++ / Java / PHP / Hack
- Interface with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyse and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Expert knowledge of C / C++ / Java / C#Good understanding of Perl / PHP / Hack / PythonExperience building large-scale server applications
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent industry experience)
- Experience with operating system internals, filesystems, programming language design, compilers
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top