Software Engineer - Infrastructure
- Sunnyvale, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join the Software Engineering (Infrastructure) team. The Software Engineering (Infrastructure) team builds large distributed components that run Facebook. Our code serves millions of requests per second and it does so with sub-second latency and in a fault tolerant manner. We handle everything from Facebook scale data storage, to synchronization and coordination of large server clusters, to providing a runtime environment for front end Facebook code. We are looking for candidates who share a passion for tackling complexity and building platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude.
- Design core, backend software components
- Code using primarily C/C++, Java, PHP and Hack
- Interface with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- 5+ years of programming experience in either C, C++, Java, C# or other relevant coding languages
- 5+ years relevant experience building large-scale infrastructure applications or similar experience
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
Back to top