Software Engineer (Infrastructure)
Facebook Reality Labs is dedicated to the research and development required to bring virtual and augmented reality to billions of people around the world. The Pittsburgh lab is focused on making interpersonal, social experience in virtual reality and augmented reality, perceptually indistinguishable from real life, in-person interactions.
You're a Software Engineer with experience working with large-scale computing infrastructure and have with a deep C++ skill set. You enjoy building high performance systems, and are not daunted by ambitious, complex and ambiguous challenges. You're always on the lookout for better, faster, and more impactful solutions. You have a deep understanding of computing at multiple levels of abstraction, from theory, to hardware interfaces to operating systems to user facing application and large-scale distributed systems. You understand contemporary software design and engineering practices. You thrive in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment.
At Facebook Reality Labs Pittsburgh, you will join a world-class team exploring optics, haptics, tracking, displays, computer vision, user experience, audio, and perceptual psychology. Every day, you will work alongside expert Research Scientists, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers and Software Engineers to create the technology that will make VR and AR pervasive and universal.
Join the adventure of a lifetime, as we invent the future and change the world.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (INFRASTRUCTURE) RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and develop high performance computing systems
- Develop and deploy research algorithms on Facebook computing infrastructure
- Collaborate with Research Scientists and Software Engineers to optimized data processing and machine learning, pipelines and algorithms
- Develop reliable, maintainable, and scalable software
- Develop software that processes massive datasets on large-scale compute resources
- Bachelor of Science (or equivalent) in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of C++ experience, including Modern C++ features and techniques
- Experience deploying software on large-scale distributed systems
- Proven track record of shipping software
- Experience with software development practices such as source control, code reviews, unit testing, debugging and profiling
- Experience with Linux
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with 3D Math and Linear Algebra
- Experience with 3D Computer Graphics
- Experience with Robotics
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Experience with Computer Vision
- Experience with Visualization
- Experience with Networking
- Experience with GPU Computing
- Experience with Python
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
Back to top