Software Engineer in Infrastructure
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is a seeking a Software Engineer in Infrastructure to join the Release Engineering Team. The Release Engineering Team is responsible for the continuous build environments and development processes that deliver Oculus VR software products to the world. You will design and implement infrastructure to support Rift and GearVR software releases, SDK releases, Oculus first-party game and applications, and internal tools to improve developer workflow.
- Architect continuous integration systems by evaluating design choices, leveraging existing tools, and writing new code.
- Coordinate releases with development, web/platform, QA, documentation, legal, IT, product and events teams.
- Diagnose build breaks, manage multiple source control branches, conduct code reviews, and set up build projects.
- Improve developer workflows by building tools, writing build scripts, and providing self-service portals.
- Design and build configurable, scalable, and performant content pipelines to support Oculus content teams.
- B.S. Computer Science or related technical field preferred.
- 3+ years experience as a software engineer, build/release engineer, or infrastructure engineer.
- Strong coding skills with a scripting language such as Python, PHP, Ruby, or Perl.
- Development experience with C++, C#, or Java.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and ability to work under high pressure situations.
- Strong general skills in infrastructure, including automated testing, systems level debugging, and machine farm management.
- Windows development with Microsoft Visual Studio a huge plus.
- Games industry experience with content pipelines, Unity, and Unreal Engine a huge plus.
- Experience with industry standard source control (Git, Mercurial, Perforce), CI systems (TeamCity, Jenkins), and build tools (CMake, MSBuild, Ant, Chef) a plus.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top