Software Engineer, HW System
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Software Engineer to join our Infrastructure design team. This person will be an integral member of the team, responsible for owning the embedded software design and optimization for new server hardware topologies. This person will also be responsible for design and implementation of domain specific compilers, targeting range of cutting edge Facebook application domains and collaborating with diverse teams within the company. This role requires strong communication skills, as well as comprehensive troubleshooting and analytical skills. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park office.
- Create and maintain system software stack including device drivers, firmware and middleware to interface with the hardware
- Work with team to bring up new hardware and test functionality
- Work with team on test suites for production and validation to stress software release for reliability stability
- Compiler design and implementation for domain specific languages and programming models
- Offload programming models and compilers (eg., GPU or Xeon Phi)
- Code generation and optimization for heterogeneous environments
- BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with optimizing compiler: Code optimizations and generation, Data flow analysis & Parallel Programming Models, Languages and Runtime Systems
- Experience in coding with C/C++
- Experience with Linux kernel and device driver model
- Experience with designing and building hardware-software interfaces
- Experience with x86/ARM architectures
- Experience with latest server architecture and components
- Experience and understanding ML algorithms and frameworks
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top