Software Engineer, Home (Oculus)
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual realityâ€™s potential to connect the world is immenseâ€"and weâ€™re just getting started. Oculus Research is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body. Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world. As an engineer on the Oculus Home team you will be working on the cutting edge of Virtual Reality multiplayer and social experience. In this role, you will explore, prototype, and build experiences that define how people interact with each other in VR such as Avatars, Oculus Home, and other social features.
- You will leverage your product and design sensibilities for the creation of novel interactive experiences.
- Build engine features to deliver VFX artist prototypes.
- Partner closely with the art team to help define and implement their vision.
- You work well in groups smoothly coordinating and collaborating across multiple, diverse teams.
- Working closely with designers in developing and iterating on game mechanics and systems.
- Collaborating with internal and external cross-disciplinary teams.
- 3+ years of software engineering on games.
- 3+ years experience with 3D graphics.
- 3+ years experience with feature implementation.
- 3+ years experience with game engines including Unreal or Native Engine development.
- 5+ years experience with C/C++ programming on systems.
- Experience in gameplay prototyping and engineering.
- 3+ years experience with gameplay system design or game tool development.
Back to top