Software Engineer, Hardware Systems
Facebook is seeking a Software Engineer to join our Server Design Team. Our servers and data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered. By holding this role, you will be an integral member of a small team and play a key role in building open source software stack to deploy and operate in a large-scale data center environment. You will own the delivery of software solution for the fast-growing Facebook infrastructure. Come work alongside our expert software engineers to build next-generation software stack. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park office.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER, HARDWARE SYSTEMS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own, design, develop, test, and maintain software stack for leading edge hardware devices and systems to enable Facebook Infrastructure's fast growth.
- Design and develop the code base of software framework for scalability and extensibility, which will enable faster development.
- Actively collaborate with industry partners to build and evolve open source ecosystem to support long term growth of our software stack.
- Take full ownership of driving our vendor partners on active engineering engagement to ensure high quality of software releases.
- Build strong partnership with cross-function infrastructure teams and ensure smooth deployment and operation in our data center environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education.
- Experience coding in C/C++, and Python for system software development.
- Experience in developing multi-threaded applications on Embedded Linux environment.
- Communication, troubleshooting, and analytical experience.
- Familiar with Linux kernel, IPC, and device driver model.
- Familiar with various hardware elements of latest data center environment.
- Familiar with embedded systems software stack.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top