Software Engineer - Graphics Research
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
If you're a graphics expert with deep knowledge of real-time graphics and GPU architecture, a love for solving novel problems from first principles, and an aptitude for optimization, you'll thrive in our collaborative environment.
Join a world-class research team inventing breakthrough graphics technologies. There are opportunities to work on graphics across many areas, including novel algorithms, machine learning, remote rendering, optimization, publications, demos, and more. Partner with expert research scientists and engineers to build cutting-edge prototypes and create the technology that makes AR and VR universal. At FRL, graphics software development fuels our scientific explorations and generate viable paths to the consumer products people will use for decades to come - products that will literally give people super powers.
- Develop real-time graphics prototypes and products for future AR and VR products
- Develop highly optimized real-time solutions with GPU rendering, ray tracing, and compute
- Write clean readable code, debug complex problems that span systems, prioritize ruthlessly and get things done with a high level of efficiency
- Learn constantly, educate others, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of AR/VR problem solving
- Develop custom rendering pipelines driven by UE4, Unity and internal game engines
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years C/C++ experience, including C++11 (and up) features and principles
- 5+ years experience developing game engines, real-time systems, etc.
- GPGPU experience, such as CUDA, OpenCL or DirectCompute development
- Knowledge of GPU architecture, hardware caches, code generation, and profiling
- 5+ years of experience with one or more high-level graphics APIs, such as DirectX 11+ or OpenGL
- Knowledge of 3D math and linear algebra
- Experienced writing code for DirectX 12, Vulkan, DXR API
- Real-time ray tracing experience
- Experience with machine learning frameworks
Back to top