Software Engineer, Graphics
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
As a graphics software engineer on Facebook AR camera you will be responsible for building cutting edge 3D graphics solutions for mobile platforms that will power the next generation of AR experiences available to more than a billion Facebook users on their mobile phones. You will be working closely with computer vision engineers and technical artists to enable interactive, fun and immersive visual effects that people cannot even yet imagine. We are looking for talented engineers passionate about 3D graphics and willing to push the boundary of AR technologies forward. The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer with background in graphics on mobile platforms, with strong software design and low-level optimization skills and with passion for innovations.
- Design and implement cutting edge 3D graphics solutions for mobile platforms
- Develop new and enhance existing graphics technologies to help achieve state-of-the-art visuals
- Optimize graphics performance on devices ranging from the latest high-end smart phones to lower-end mobile devices
- Work closely with computer vision engineers and technical artists to create the world's best AR experience on mobile platforms
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience developing in C/C++
- Strong practical background in 3D computer graphics, extensive knowledge of graphics APIs (OpenGL, DirectX, Metal or Vulkan) and graphics algorithms
- Experience designing and working with 3D graphics engines
- Experience using OpenGL ES on embedded or mobile platforms is a plus
- Experience developing and shipping applications on mobile platforms like iOS and Android is a plus
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top