Software Engineer, Graphics, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA- style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. Join a team of engineers who are making mixed reality possible! We are looking for a Software Engineer with specialization in computer-graphics on mobile devices to develop novel augmented reality software applications leveraging unique hardware. The ideal candidate will have background in real-time 3D rendering, experience in creating interactive 3D applications, and interest in augmented reality.
- Design & develop robust AR interactive experiences incorporating machine learning and computer vision algorithms
- Coordinate and collaborate with other software engineers to accelerate development
- Support internal and external content teams create AR content by instrumenting, debugging and fixing problems in our AR framework
- Write both native C++ and C# code
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience developing in C/C++
- Experience with Unity
- Practical background in 3D computer graphics, knowledge of graphics APIs (OpenGL-ES or Metal) and graphics algorithms
- Experience designing and working with 3D graphics engines
- Experience debugging and profiling rendering code
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top