Software Engineer, Graphics
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Join a team of engineers who are making virtual reality an actual reality. In London there is a team who are changing the world and we need experienced 3D graphics engineer to help! The ReactVR team based in London announced last year the release of React for VR. React is an established Facebook technology that has been widely adopted to build front-ends for web and mobile applications. React VR applies the same technology to the development of virtual reality products with an aim to bootstrapping the VR app ecosystem by allowing all developers to more easily and quickly build great applications for VR. We are looking for talented engineers passionate about 3D graphics and willing to push the boundary of VR technologies forward. The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer with background in graphics & rendering, with strong software design and low-level optimization skills and with passion for innovations.
- Design & develop robust and high performance 3D VR experiences
- Coordinate and collaborate with other software engineers to accelerate development
- Support internal teams building VR games and applications with the React VR framework
- Instrument, profile and fix problems to ensure best-in-class performance on resource constrained mobile platforms
- Write both native C++ and JS code
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience developing in C/C++
- Strong practical background in 3D computer graphics, extensive knowledge of graphics APIs (OpenGL, DirectX, Metal or Vulkan) and graphics algorithms
- Experience designing and working with 3D graphics engines
- Experience profiling and optimising production code
Back to top