Software Engineer, Graduate
(Tel Aviv, Israel)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Want to build new features and improve existing products that more than a Billion people around the world use? Are you interested in working on highly impactful technical challenges to help the world be more open and connected? Want to solve unique, large-scale, highly complex technical problems?Our development cycle is extremely fast, and we’ve built tools to keep it that way. It’s common to write code and have it running live on the site just a few days later. We push code to the site everyday and have small teams that build products that are touched by millions of people around the world. If you work for us, you will be able to make an impact immediately.
The Tel Aviv Engineering team is developing top-notch products across all of the Facebook stack. As an engineer in our team you will work on products that affect the lives of billions using variety of technologies including large scale systems, big data problems and complex networking technologies. We are looking for all-rounders that are able to move quickly between iOS, Android, low level networking, backend, kernel development, and much more. If you are experienced with various technologies, are a fast learner and have a “get things done” mentality, let us know.
This position is full-time and there are minimal travel requirements.
- Identify issues and implement solutions to complex problems in large scale backend infrastructure and mobile platforms
- Analyze & solve difficult problems across the stack
- Work closely with operations and infrastructure to build high scale backend services
- Build exciting products that will engage billions of users worldwide
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related field
- Graduating with a degree (Bachelors or Masters) in Computer Science or related field by November 2016
- Experience in C++, Java, PHP, or Python, or any other prominently used programming languages
- High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities
- Preferred: Demonstrated software engineering experience previous internship, work experience, coding competitions, or publications
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top