Software Engineer, Film
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
One new initiative we have is to create personalized videos to give people a delightful and easy-to-use way to share and celebrate memories. We've created Year in Review, Friendversary, Friends Day, Birthday, and other video products as part of this. Our goal is to continue to find new ways to combine creative concepts with the content people already have on Facebook to tell compelling stories.With this, we need people to help us build out more video concepts and variations. Core responsibility will be to work on our content rendering engine to create more video concepts, support/extend the existing ones we have, and work with our creative/product teams to think of future product direction.
- Work with creative teams in creating video concepts that resonate with people and can tell compelling stories
- Develop and support new video effects in the content rendering engine
- Take full ownership of projects from design to production
- 1+ year experience with video or graphics compositing in an industry environment (film and video games are both okay)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical field (or comparable work experience)
- Experience with Photoshop, After Effects, Nuke, Flame
- Experience with Nodejs
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top