Software Engineer, Feed Ranking
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
News Feed’s goal is to show people the stories that matter the most to them. We work on ranking algorithms that power all of Facebook News feed. Our system creates and sorts billions of stories every minute in realtime to create a personalized newspaper for each user, it’s one of the largest machine learning systems in the world. Some of the projects include improving the prediction model with start-of-art machine learning algorithms, building highly personalized features, learning users’ topic preferences, and recommending content based on them. We also work closely with feed product and mobile team to improve feed user experience and create new feed products.Facebook is seeking experienced Software Engineers to join our fast growing ranking team. You can help build the next-generation experiences for Facebook to help over 1 billion people around the world find what they’re looking for in a quick, fun, easy-to-use way. This position is full-time and is based in our Menlo Park office.
- Build new prediction models with start-of-art machine learning technique like neural networks, on huge amount of data
- Build users’ profiler that models user’s behavior and capture users’ interest (e.g. topics)
- Feature engineering for various models.
- Work closely with feed product teams and optimize ranking.
- Understand, measure, and debug ranking quality
- Work closely with infrastructure team to build and scale back-end services
- MS in Computer Science or related technical field with 5+ years of applied ranking or machine learning experience, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- Strong background in Machine Learning
- Programming experience in C, C++, Java or Python
- Experience with Information Retrieval, Ranking Systems, Recommendation Systems or Artificial Intelligence
- Knowledge of map-reduce/Hadoop a plus
- Knowledge of distributed systems a plus
- Passion for working on hard scoring problems
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top