Software Engineer, Facebook Research Lab
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Lab's mission is "To give people the tools to feel connected anytime, anywhere." The teams working on augmented and virtual reality technologies at Facebook are on a mission to build the next computing platform centered around people. We continue to push the state-of-the-art with groundbreaking research into emerging technologies and hardware that will help bring this vision to life. We are building a team focused on building new products that support this mission.As a Software Engineer in Facebook Reality Lab, you will lead 0 to 1 development of our flagship AR and VR products. You will work across organizations, threading together newly developed technologies to create intuitive experiences that enhance people's experience of the world around them. The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer who has the ability to bridge the gap between delightful design and technology (specific to 3D interactive applications and games), with a passion for virtual reality and rapid iterative product development.
- Lead integrations of new products that ease people's transition from 2D to 3D
- Prototyping new interactions and features with an eye toward intuitive usability and feel
- Iterate quickly, weaving together new and existing systems to power discovery scenarios that don't yet exist
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including platform/tooling engineering, design, research, partnership
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years experience developing, debugging, prototyping and/or shipping software on large code bases that span platforms and tools
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with other teams to incorporate their feedback and vice versa
- Experience in C/C++ or C#
- Experience in JNI
- Experience in mobile AR (ARKit, ARCore, etc.)
- Experience with computer graphics (OpenGL, Metal, Unity, Unreal, etc.) and/or image/video processing
- Virtual reality experience (Rift, Vive, Go, Gear VR, etc.)
- Experience in media streaming technologies
- Experience with AR/VR products
- Experience leveraging user engagement signals to enhance search and recommender systems
- Experience tuning systems for geospatial search with precise and imprecise user location signals
- Experience in UX design or spatial interactivity design
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top