Software Engineer - Facebook Reality Labs Identity
- Seattle, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems and is reshaping how people experience entertainment, explore the universe and socialize with others. Come work alongside experts in software, hardware and research to create the technology that makes AR/VR pervasive and universal. The potential of VR to connect the world is immense-and we're just getting started. The Reality Labs identity team is responsible for the identity platform and experiences for all Oculus headsets, as well as the backend infrastructure to power identity services across consumer and enterprise scenarios. The team is heavily investing in the backend to support the requirements of our fast-growing business. We are also accelerating product investments around consumer and enterprise scenarios, such as multi-user support, SSO, privacy, integrity and security. We are looking for deeply technical engineers to join the Reality Labs identity team. As an engineer on the team you will be responsible for the design, implementation and quality of the services and product experiences you deliver. Because identity is core to the user experience, you will have the opportunity to have a direct impact on product experience and the business.
- Code using primarily Java, PHP, Hack
- Design and implement devices experiences and backend services powering the identity platform for Oculus AR/VR.
- Debug complex device-side and backend infrastructure issues.
- Ensure quality of device and infrastructure services.
- Profile performance problems and drive optimizations that span the entire software stack.
- Understand software components from multiple partner teams, lead the integration of those components into the product code base, and drive their continued development.
- 5+ years experience working on large scale backend infrastructure and/or device experiences.
- Demonstrated knowledge of building scalable backend infrastructure and OS services.
- Experience shipping products or backend infrastructure over multiple releases.
- Experience with software development processes including: source control, bug tracking, and design documentation.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Experience with C/C++.
- Experience working on user account and identity services on an OS or backend infrastructure.
- Experience with Android and/or Windows development.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top