Software Engineer, Facebook Connectivity
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
More than half the population of the world are not yet connected to the Internet. Facebook Connectivity is doing research to develop next generation technologies to connect everyone on the planet to the Internet. Facebook is looking for Software Engineers to help develop state-of-the-art communication systems to deliver internet access. You will work with RF communication systems, and be expected to write code at all layers of the protocol stack. In addition, a successful candidate will thrive in a multi-disciplinary environment, learning from and working with people who have varied engineering and science backgrounds. You'll have opportunities to develop and leverage strong expertise in real time systems and cutting edge cellular technologies. Outside of software development, your duties may involve evaluating third party and open source software, interacting with various other engineering teams and working with communication hardware vendors. This is a full-time position based in our Northridge, CA office.
- Design, develop, modify, debug, and integrate L2/L3 protocol stack software for wireless 2G/LTE modems.
- Implement new 3GPP protocol stack features to meet functional, quality, and performance requirements.
- Enhance framework to track and log customer software defects for analysis and resolution.
- Drive customer discussions and meetings related to bugs, requirements, use-cases, etc.
- Optimize software design, implementation, and testing of features by working in partnership with other protocol software team members and partners.
- 5+ years experience in 2G and LTE or other wireless protocol stack development with proven software development experience
- Knowledge of 3GPP's Release 8 and beyond
- Knowledge on 2G/LTE and LTE-advanced technologies
- Experience with software design, implementation, and deployment of telecommunication systems
- Embedded debugging experience and knowledge with protocol trace & analysis tools
- Knowledge of C, C++, and Nix systems
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related discipline
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top