Software Engineer, Facebook Connectivity
More than half the population of the world are not yet connected to the Internet. Facebook Connectivity is doing research to develop next generation technologies to connect everyone on the planet to the Internet. Facebook is looking for software engineers to help develop state of the art communication systems to deliver internet access. You will work with both RF and optical communication systems, and be expected to write code at all layers of the stack. In addition, a successful candidate will thrive in a multi-disciplinary environment, learning from and working with people who have varied engineering and science backgrounds. Outside of software development, your duties may involve evaluating third party and open source software, interacting with various other Engineering teams and working with communication hardware vendors. This is a full-time position based in our Northridge, CA office.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER, FACEBOOK CONNECTIVITY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design software for RF and optical communication terminals including: physical and link layer algorithms and processing, analog and digital interfaces, and monitor and control consoles.
- Interface with hardware, electrical, mechanical, RF, optical, and software engineers to understand system architecture.
- Perform component and system level testing in both laboratory and operational environments.
- Collaborate with Network Engineering team to automate processes, and build software infrastructure for embedded development and analysis.
- Knowledge of C, C++, Python, HTML, *nix.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Experience with software design and implementation for embedded systems.
- Knowledge of real-time operating systems (RTOS), interfaces for data acquisition and control, and device drivers.
- Experience with hardware-in-the-loop testing and validation including the use of network test equipment as well as lab test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, and frequency synthesizers.
- Knowledge or experience in the following: ARM architecture, small to medium scale software development, test suite development, distributed code repositories, and embedded Linux.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Enterprise Engineer, Intern - Enterprise Products
Dublin, Ireland + 1 More
- Research Intern, AI System Code Design
Menlo Park, CA + 2 More
- Software Engineer
- Software Engineer Intern - 4DAI (PhD)
- Solutions Engineer, Amsterdam
- Solutions Engineer, Paris
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top