Software Engineer, Experimentation Platform
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join the Experimentation Platform team. Experimentation is a key factor in Facebook's success and our team's mission is to build a platform that enables accurate, complete, and timely product decisions across all of Facebook. Giving teams the ability to quickly iterate on ideas and accurately estimate the effects of their changes allows them to move faster and ship higher quality products. We build world-class tools for running controlled experiments that enable teams to set up experiments quickly and safely, run their tests on live traffic, and analyze the results to make the correct decisions about which variants to launch. The ideal candidate is passionate about building robust systems that meet these demands. This position is full-time, based in Menlo Park, CA, and there are minimal travel requirements.
- Configuration Tool + Production APIs
- Collaborate with other teams to design, monitor and scale systems that solve complex problems with running experiments at scale
- Analysis tool
- Build data pipelines for large scale batch and real-time data processing
- Work with Data Scientists to devise and scale out new statistical methods for improving efficiency and accuracy of experiment analytics
- Build data visualizations that make sense of highly multidimensional data and aid users in understanding the uncertainty and risk associated with analyzing experiments
- Build monitoring systems, devise escalation procedures and automated remediation for faster systems failure recovery
- Experience with A/B testing and experimental design
- Undergraduate understanding of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, causal inference)
- 3 + years of experience developing and debugging
- Experience with distributed data processing
- Experience with ETL systems and batch workflow job scheduling
- Experience building analytics tools and data visualizations
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top