Software Engineer, Experiences (Oculus)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense—and we're just getting started. Oculus Research is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body.
Oculus Zurich is looking for an experienced software engineer with a passion for real-time graphics and VR to help define and build the next generation of augmented and virtual reality experiences. The software you develop will help define the next generation of VR and AR hardware products.
At Oculus you will design, build and optimize cutting-edge experiences that define the future of virtual and augmented reality. Join a world-class team experimenting with bold ideas in areas including computer vision, 3D graphics and machine perception.
- Analyze, design and develop experience concepts and software for cutting-edge VR and AR applications
- Tune algorithms into highly optimized routines ready for consumer product integration
- Collaborate in a team environment across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines, making the architectural tradeoffs required to rapidly deliver software solutions
- Develop software for a variety of consumer devices, including state-of-the-art sensing, tracking, imaging and rendering systems
- Write clean readable code, debug complex problems that span systems, prioritize ruthlessly and get things done with a high level of efficiency
- Learn constantly, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of VR problem solving
- BS/BEng degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5 or more years C++ experience, with mastery of modern C++ features
- 5 or more years experience creating software for games or other realtime graphics systems
- Direct3D and/or OpenGL graphics programming experience
- In-depth knowledge of GPU hardware, real-time rendering algorithms and optimization, 3D math and linear algebra
- Experience with Unity, UE4 or another other major game engine
- Proven track record of professional software development, including shipping one or more products of high complexity, or maintainance of popular open-source software
- Deep problem solving and optimization ability
- Game design and prototyping
- Development for mobile platforms
- GPU computing experience - CUDA or OpenCL
- Low-level optimization experience (SSE, AVX)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top