Software Engineer, Enterprise - NYC
(New York, NY)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Are you passionate about helping those around you become more effective? Do you think about technology as a way to disrupt and reimagine how businesses operate? Is building business-focused software with modern software engineering techniques and a hacker mentality intriguing to you?
Facebook is seeking talented, full-stack Software Engineers to join our Enterprise Engineering group and help build applications & systems to scale the company and to enable our employees to make the world more open and connected. Enterprise Engineers work on applications & systems for various groups, including sales, marketing, recruiting, and HR. Systems we build are used by all Facebook employees as well as advertisers and agencies.
We create Enterprise software the Facebook way: We build it on the facebook.com tech stack by implementing complex UIs to encapsulate business processes, designing interactive visualizations for business analytics, and securing backends to store sensitive data. At the same time, we work on real-time and big data infrastructure to process the business graph and audience data on Facebook, and generate insights through machine learning and natural language processing.
This role requires a passion for finding innovative, end-to-end engineering solutions to complex business problems. The role is a full-time position, based in New York City, New York.
- Create elegant and useful solutions to solve complex business problems by working across various teams, understanding the needs of our business partners and advertisers, and putting on your product manager hat to provide solutions to solve those problems.
- Work closely with product management and UX design teams to define and refine feature specifications.
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, stability, and security of business applications and in-house systems to help scale the company.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 1+ years experience developing web applications. Medium-to-large, multi-tiered web applications
- Experience with business applications (sales, marketing, recruiting, advertising, etc.)
- Working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases and SQL
- Working knowledge of API design and distributed backend systems
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top