Software Engineer, Enterprise
(New York, NY)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Are you passionate about helping those around you become more effective? Do you think about technology as a way to disrupt and reimagine how businesses operate? Is building business-focused software with modern software engineering techniques and a hacker mentality intriguing to you?
Facebook is seeking talented, full-stack Software Engineers to join our Enterprise Engineering group and help build applications & systems to scale the company and to enable our employees to make the world more open and connected. Enterprise Engineers work on applications & systems for various groups, including sales, marketing, recruiting, and HR. Systems we build are used by all Facebook employees as well as advertisers and agencies.
We create Enterprise software the Facebook way: We build it on the facebook.com tech stack by implementing complex UIs to encapsulate business processes, designing interactive visualizations for business analytics, and securing backends to store sensitive data. At the same time, we work on real-time and big data infrastructure to process the business graph and audience data on Facebook, and generate insights through machine learning and natural language processing.
This role requires a passion for finding innovative, end-to-end engineering solutions to complex business problems. The role is a full-time position, based in New York City, New York.
- Create elegant and useful solutions to solve complex business problems by working across various teams, understanding the needs of our business partners and advertisers, and putting on your product manager hat to provide solutions to solve those problems.
- Work closely with product management and UX design teams to define and refine feature specifications.
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, stability, and security of business applications and in-house systems to help scale the company.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 1+ years experience developing web applications. Medium-to-large, multi-tiered web applications a big plus.
- Experience with business applications (sales, marketing, recruiting, advertising, etc.) a big plus.
- Working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases and SQL a plus.
- Working knowledge of API design and distributed backend systems a plus.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top