Software Engineer, Engagement (Oculus)
(Los Angeles, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. VR's potential to change the world is immense-and we're just getting started.
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
As a Software Engineer on the Oculus Engagement team, you'll be responsible for building features that help keep our users engaged and help users experience all of the magic that VR has to offer. We're looking for someone who has a passion for the end user and is comfortable working in a full stack environment across multiple devices. Our ideal candidate is a generalist with React experience and is very comfortable working in new tools and technologies.
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, and client teams to bring Engagement features to the Oculus Companion App (iOS and Android), Oculus Rift, and Oculus Go
- Use software development best practices to write code that is maintainable, testable and performant
- Understand how to use experimentation in making decisions as well as the ability to leverage metrics to understand user behavior
- 1+ years of experience building Web, Android, or iOS applications.
- BS or MS in CS or equivalent experience.
- Experience with React
- Experience with Android or iOS notifications
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top